Job Vacancy - Operations Assistant
Seatruck Ferries is a UK-based company which offers Irish sea freight-ferry only services, with circa 70 sailings per week, across 3 routes (Liverpool-Dublin, Heysham-Dublin, Heysham-Warrenpoint) and 4 ports (Liverpool, Heysham, Dublin, Warrenpoint). There are currently approximately 500 employees across sea and shore, with extra manpower from several contractors.
This role involves working as part of a team in a busy freight office and port. Overseeing the loading of roro vessels, dealing with customers face to face, over the phone and via email, with the aid of a freight booking system. Basic computer skills are needed but full training will be provided.
Applicants must have a positive and flexible attitude as the role involves both indoor and outdoor shift work covering days, nights and weekends. We are a 24 hour operation.
As Operations Assistant, you will play a vital role in helping us to provide a smooth experience for our customers.
Want to know more about this exciting role?
Here are the breakdowns:
Operations Duty Manager
Main Job Function
Check in and book out traffic and manage bookings
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Checking in and releasing of cargo using a dedicated computer system
2. Dealing with customer enquiries via telephone and email
3. Solving customer queries in a timely manner with the utmost professionalism
4. Updating customer references and liaising with customers on a daily basis
5. Keeping track of customer trailers, both import and export (including yard check)
6. Basic security duties
7. Operate a variety of standard office machines, including a personal computer and a variety of computer software, phone, fax, calculator, shredding machine and photocopy machine
8. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
9. Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures
10. In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned to them from time to time. However, such other duties will be reasonable in relation to the job holder’s skills and abilities.